Monday, December 10, 2007

Slogger

Like everyone I spend hours browsing net usually researching a particular topic. Often I stumble upon good blogs or good posts which I want to save off for future reference. I didn't want to book mark them because usually they (the post contents) disappear after sometime. I don't use RSS because not all websites support RSS. So, I was looking for a good off-line browsing tool. I tried almost all the shareware/freeware crap out there but none met my needs. Some don't support sites with authentication. Some don't save the pages properly. Like broken links etc. Also they didn't have good support for organizing those links. Some were not customizable so they saved lot of crap along with the stuff I wanted. Some didn't support Java scripts. They were not able to get the pages that were pulled dynamically off of database or something.

In short, off-line browsers have lack of support for something one way or the other. Finally, I ran into Slogger
It is a Firefox extension. You can configure Slogger to save the pages you want with simple click of a button. You can control where and how it is saving the pages. You can also add "html" code to the pages when it saves. It also save the pages to furl and spurl etc. It is a awesome neat extension for Firefox! Now, if I find something interesting on the net, I just save it.

For some reason, Slogger comes with support for furl disabled. Once I can enable it, then the saved pages will go into furl so that I can access them from anywhere!

0 comments: